Happy Tibb's Eve/end of ADvent
David Dalton
2023-12-23 04:03:07 UTC
Since it is now early on December 23 here in Newfoundland,
Happy Tibb’s Eve, Festivus, and HumanLight.

(Though probably Tibb’s Eve won’t be celebrated on
George Street here in St. John’s, Newfoundland until
after sunset.)

(Tibb’s Eve is in folklore a day that never comes, but in
Newfoundland it refers to December 23, which traditionally
has been an end to the austerities of Advent season, and
when many tip back an alcoholic beverage.)
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it; I won't fear love" (Sarah McLachlan)
David Dalton
2023-12-23 07:27:28 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Since it is now early on December 23 here in Newfoundland,
Happy Tibb’s Eve, Festivus, and HumanLight.
(Though probably Tibb’s Eve won’t be celebrated on
George Street here in St. John’s, Newfoundland until
after sunset.)
(Tibb’s Eve is in folklore a day that never comes, but in
Newfoundland it refers to December 23, which traditionally
has been an end to the austerities of Advent season, and
when many tip back an alcoholic beverage.)
However, I abstain from alcohol 1--9 days before full moon
and change water to wine at full moon, so won’t drink
myself until after 0033 UTC/GMT December 26, so
won’t be drinking on Tibb’s Eve myself this year.
Rockinghorse Winner
Austerities of Advent season? What austerities? :O
David Dalton
2023-12-24 05:43:23 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Since it is now early on December 23 here in Newfoundland,
Happy Tibb’s Eve, Festivus, and HumanLight.
(Though probably Tibb’s Eve won’t be celebrated on
George Street here in St. John’s, Newfoundland until
after sunset.)
(Tibb’s Eve is in folklore a day that never comes, but in
Newfoundland it refers to December 23, which traditionally
has been an end to the austerities of Advent season, and
when many tip back an alcoholic beverage.)
I will still count it as Tibb’s Eve until sunrise on December 24,
which will be in a little more than 5.5 hours.